Our annual masterclasses are primarily intended for those students taking modules
which include particle physics at 'A' or 'AS' level but are also open
to any physics student or teacher interested in studying or teaching the
subject. The Masterclasses will consist of a mixture of talks given by
researchers in the Particle Physics Department, hands-on practical
sessions and visits to experimental facilities.
This is one of a set of Masterclasses organised by the High Energy Particle Physics Group of the Institute of Physics throughout the UK.
|Instructions - Computing Workshop|
If you have been sent a login id for monty follow the instructions here:PPM-DataExercise_LogIn.pdf
If you don't have a monty login id you can use the alternative on MyBinder
Some FAQs answered here:
I don't have any login info?
Dead kernel error
- Click on the kernel tab at the top and choose 'Restart kernel'
- If the error persists after restarting kernel. On monty go to file -> hub control panel, and then click stop server. After a few seconds a start button should show up which should hopefully work. If not ask us in the Q&A
Nothing appears after running the code
- Try opening the 'Run' tab and clicking 'Run Selected Cell'
- It can also take a little while to calculate, especially when there's a lot of people using it at once. If there is a [*] to the left of the cell, it means it is still calculating.
- If it is still not calculating or taking too long, try restarting the kernel, or refreshing the page, and this should hopefully fix it
Error after running code “NameError: name '….' is not defined"
- This means you haven't run code earlier which imports the package (e.g. numpy). Go back and run the code which will look something like this: “import …. as .."